Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just F**kin' around.

During Halloween, I wanted to take some pictures of some murder scene. The image would of been cool if I had a model. I bought some gels for my strobes...so clutch. I just set up my camera and lights around the living room. I just wanted to practice on using some gels and balancing out the different light sources. I think it'd work better in a deeper room. Cause the Red strobe and the bare bulb kinda mixed. Didn't really want that. But it's just a cool idea. Don't mind the clothes too, I was getting ready to play some basketball. So next time I'll be sure to dress up a little better and when I'm not on a time constrain.
 I dropped off my roommate and soon to be ex-roommate at the airport. So while I was there, might as well take advantage of the sunset across San Diego. It was beautiful. It was cool seeing people fish on the side, coupes walking the island, runners and bikers doing the same. It was very peaceful...shooting at my own pace with the serenity of the water crashing on the shore. Pretty cool.
This shot is composed of literally 11 different shots and merged together to get a nice giant one. I shot it with my Canon 75-300 f/3.5-5.6 lens (which is garbage). Shot it vertically and shot it from left to right. I realized I need a better tripod too. It was frustrating editing the photos when they were all skewed.
Of course, I had to take a self portrait. This was shot with my Canon 50mm f/1.4 shot with the aperture of 2.8 to get a subtle bokeh of the skyline. I'm holding Jive's film camera. It's just collecting dust. But I figured I can use it as a prop since that's how most people see me, looking at life through a lens. Hahaaa. I think ALL my self portraits are gonna be like that now.

No comments: