Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On Location: MTB WOODSON!!!

Ok, I have hiked Mt. Woodson for quiet a bit already. I can't run up it like Omar, but I definitely don't walk up it. I want to say I know the mountain fairly well. I know what to expect. I meet new hikers and like to share my experience to them. Everyone who hikes Woodson is cool in my books. But how many people mountain bike up Woodson and then down. Not to many. Like the dozen times I have hiked Woodson, I have only seen one biker attempt the climb. The more I think about it, the more confidence builds up. I can RUN mountain bike Woodson.

On a day off, Aldrich calls me up and says one word..."Woodson!" Of course I'm down! I told myself I would ride it. Ride it I did! I was concerned that Al would slow us down. NO FREAKIN' WAY!!! Aldrich is a beast on that mountain. Running up and down it. He beat me and Omar down the mountain. Given I had to shoulder the bike one some pretty gnarly obstacles. Totally worth it in the end to get some pictures at the top with my buddy Omar. Omar is something else. I hope to edit the footage of his downhill.

Both photos were taken by Aldrich with GoPro Hero2 and edited in Lightroom 3.
I am disgusted wtih Omar. That beast.

Yeah!!! We conquered Woodson!!

No comments: