Friday, October 19, 2012

Bates Nut Farm...lookin' Ripe!

I love it when seasons change, summer to fall, winter to spring, whatever. It's always nice to see some change. The air is starting to get cooler, I'm riding my bike more. Things are looking a lot better for me.

For some news about myself, I'm switching hospitals. It's for the best. It took a while for me to understand the importance for the future. So now I have a better position with full benefit which I lacked on my previous position. People were always surprised to hear that I didn't have benefits working at a hospital, but now that's not a problem. I'll be working on the medical/oncology floor at the new Palomar West near the infamous Stone Brewery. So I need to buy a growler soon.

The pumpkin patch was amazing compared to last year. It was the hassle to get there last year. We went on the worst time possible, the weekend before Halloween and a Charger bye week. I felt like EVERYONE went all at once. Super BUSY!!! This was not the case.

The pumpkin patch was free from clutter of crying kids and overloaded parking lots. I found the pumpkin I was looking for, had plenty of time to take quality shots, I wasn't rushed. I couldn't ask for anything more. Actually, I take that back. The thing that probably bugged me were the over sized pumpkins. The over size pumpkins were rotten, lob sided, collapsing on itself. I didn't see a decent over sized pumpkin.

Me and my sister just goofed around with the pumpkins. I took some candid pictures of her during the search of a perfect pumpkin. I used my 50mm and 100mm. I think you can tell when I used my 100mm with the intense bokeh. I'm starting to usethe 100mm macro for more than just macro shots. Its a fun lens to shot with.

The question is, what should I carve my pumpkin? Any ideas? Shoot them to me. Leave a comment.

 
pumpkin patch from Ryan Florido on Vimeo.

No comments: