Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's coming!!!

At the end of the month will be the wedding of the year (at least for me). My good friends Aldrich Galimba and Jessica Nix are going to be married by the end of the month. A long anticipated event for sure. I've known the couple for a while, I even took over their old room from Jessica's condo. It was a true pleasure to photography them as a couple. We decided to go to Balboa Park to do some photos. It was a busy Sunday. Actually, the first Sunday of the NFL season.

 I love my camera. However, I wanted to do wider shots. I kinda stuck with my 50mm. It's the widest lens I have at the moment. Not very wide at all. It's considered a standard length lens. Great for portraits and "walk around lens" so things aren't distorted by the lens. But after working with some ultra wide angle lens, I can appreciate them. They can make anything look cool. During this trip with the future Galimba couple, I wanted to work on separation and do some wides. I didn't want to get too close. I think pretty satisfied with my work. I find it hard to be blown away. I know my strengths and try to work on my weaknesses. Let's just hope I keep on improving. It was fun shooting at Balboa, so we ended our day at one of the coolest bars in San Diego (IMO). West Coast Tavern in North Park is a hip spot. It was kind of dead, so we took advantage of the lack of seating and did our own little impromptu photo shoot. I really like how you can see "North Park" sign on some of the photos. I feel like I captured them at their true element, enjoying each other's company over a drink. I feel like they can do that all day if they had a chance. It's hard to find Aldrich being photo ready, so when I captured his smile, not a fake obligated smile, but a genuine smile means a lot to me and I'm sure to Jess too. CHEERS to the couple. The reason for the white boards were for the table arrangements at the wedding.

No comments: