Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 is ending...now what!?

The new year is among us. I started this blog literally two years ago and I can see my progression as a photographer. Even though I don't do too much serious stuff, I'm starting to see my style now. I just love carrying my camera during events. I want to be able to look back at old photos. When facebook and instagram is dead, my blog will still be around. I want to be able to show my kids how cool their dad was. I've seen friends come and go, but i'm very fortunate to have met everyone along the way. I look forward on meeting new people in the near future too. I'm also glad some people from the past was able to be part of my present as well. I know a camera can only capture a fraction of a second, but it's the memories that are behind each click that means something. My photography isn't necessarily the prettiest, but its for myself and anyone else willing to look.

What's next for Flow Fotography in 2013? I've had so many goals for this past year that I have not accomplished. I guess my new years resolutions and goals are turning into a bucket list for photography. Hahaa. It's all good. Maybe I was a bit too ambitious to think I can afford an L lens. I love all my gear and the subjects/models in front of my lens.

One thing I definitely want to improve on are my slideshow presentations. Hopefully I can afford a new computer which can handle my needs. Looking at building a computer I guess. My slideshow game needs to picked up. I just received my 40D so it'll be my main squeeze for 2013. More trips this year. Aiming to go to Texas, Fiji, Oregon (again), and maybe Hawaii. Let's see how well I do this year. Fiji...Flow Fotography is going international. I'm needing to try new things too...finding new projects, models, techniques, equipment. Everything will fall in place in due time. One other thing I need to work on is actually printing my photos. They can't be stuck in a computer/internet. I want to be able to look back through albums, the ones that you hold. Not the one's people make on facebook.

2012, you've seen the good and the bad. Thanks for sticking around. If you have any suggestions, I'm always open. I don't care if you shoot or not, you know whats pleasing. Make it happen, leave a comment.

Like always, Thanks for looking. Happy New Year.

No comments: