Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas from Flow Fotography!! aka ME!!! I really enjoy the holidays, the things that happen around it. I had my first love during the holidays. Even though we're not together, its a reminder of the power of Christmas. What makes the holidays amazing. The presents/presence. With my new job, I see more end of life than I care for. "I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens." -Woody Allen. Even though we can't prevent our loved ones from dying, being there with our presence is the best thing we can do. I love it when I see family visiting loved one, plus it makes my job a lot easier too.

I always feel closer with people around me, whether it is family or friends. We can't control everything. However, one thing we can control is our presence. Just being there makes a huge difference. Having my family literally a mile away from me. My good friend Danh, literally a phone call away. My Oregon family of Pete and Steph, making my presence known with the visit (photos coming soon) and even my brother from Texas visiting SD for the holidays. I always have my revolution on my side too, good as gold. I'm glad I can celebrate this joyous season with the people I love. Bringing everyone close again. People who check this blog out.

I know I'm sharing private moments online, which I'm not necessarily a fan of, like facebook. But this is mostly for myself so i can look back. I haven't had the most time to edit pictures cause of my damn computer kinda failing on me. But I hope it'll hold up a little bit longer until I can afford a new one. Maybe even build one specifically for photography. I don't need the fanciest thing, but I sure do what something reliable that can keep up with my work flow. I just wanted to put some of my photos I have posted on IG. Cause IG will fade away like facebook one day. But hopefully I'll continue this blog for years to come.

This poinsettia is special to me, cause a patient of mine personally wanted me to have it. Even during her weakest points, she still had energy to care for the people around her. 

BOKEH


Its a shame the horrible things that are happening right before the holidays like the elementary school shooting and the gunman who killed two first responder victims. Prayers to those familys and anyone else who needs them. 

No comments: