Monday, August 8, 2011

Event: JessMon

This is nothing new from me. Of course I brought my camera. Surprised? You shouldn't be!! However, I have a story about MANDO. Alright, Okay, Gotcha, aight...There I was, at Mando/Mel's place celebrating Mando's birthday. Everyone was drinking and having a good time like usual. Yeah, i had my camera, but SOMEONE didn't want me to have my camera out because they thought I'm not having a good time. I want put this on the record, "I love my camera, I enjoy taking pictures, especially friends and family." I do it for the straight passion and pure enjoyment. Plus, I remember more when I see pictures. First of all, that's not the worst part. I was fighting for my camera, so Mando challenged me at Arm Wrestling. Worst Decision ever! It was like "Over the Top". I got destroyed so I honored the bed and left my camera behind. Then we went out to Bluefoot at North Park, look who didn't bring their camera...the guy who always wears a camera related shirt. AHHHH! It's like I didn't have an arm. It was still a cool event, my buddies Brian and Jae were DJing at the "Art at the Park" with some fresh paintings up with dope beats in the background. Even the girls were able to experience some art FIRST HAND, literally. Jenfo and Jess got their nails done, nothing girly but more hiphop. A good night, wish I had my camera though.

JessMon, Saturday Night, UFC 133, good friends, reasonable drinks, everyone lookin' like a 10. We were at the La Jolla Stripclub. Had the backroom with pool tables, UFC in the background, and drinking. What else could of asked for? Nothing. Everyone had a great time, no buzz kill after receiving the bill, vodkas were cheap. Check out the pictures. As you progress through the pictures, you'll notice a lack of steadiness from me. Ahhhhh...it's not about the quality of the photo but what the photo shows, a good time. Hahaa. Thanks for checkin' them out.

Camera info: Canon 20D with 50mm 1.4 lens along with 430ex strobe with Omi-bounce filter. Shot in Manual with 1/20, f/2, ISO 800. I wanted to grab the most of the ambient lighting too. All shots were edited in Lightroom with minor tweaks.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Lovely photos, Ryan! I'm sorry you didn't get to take your camera, though :( I'm not as much of a photographer as you, but even I feel uncomfortable at an event without a camera- can't imagine how you felt.

<3

Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.