Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mini Event: Co-Ed Baby Shower

Reflecting at the past events makes me realize I'm getting old. Friends are graduating from universities, getting married, and having kids. Where is all the time going!? This event is no different. The lovely couple of the Leyba invited me to their co-ed baby shower. I still remember, about a year ago, I did their wedding. Then doing some maternity photos, and now baby shower. I feel as if I'm following their life. Very honored. I carry my camera every where.

I'm always worried about baby showers, having an uneasy feeling because I always thought baby showers were made for women. However, this was co-ed, alcohol, food, and family and friends were all involved. It wasn't the most masculine thing, but it was fun. Cute cupcakes, baby related games were played, and the my favorite part of the event was seeing my photos from their maternity photo shoot. They decided to print some of my photos and frame them throughout the party. Not just little 6x4 but full 8x10s in frames. That blew my mind. First of all, I personally don't print a lot because I'm broke. Knowing someone made prints and framed them so you can hold, something tangible rather than something just seen on facebook and the internet. It was definitely a humbling experience. I had an amazing time at their event. There was not a dull moment. It made everyone excited for Aiden. Seeing all the gifts given to them, Aiden will be pimped out. Next step is newborn photos by next month...Hahaa.

All my shots were done with Canon body 20D along with the Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens. Shot mostly @ 1.8 and 2.0 ISO 800 indoors. All shots edited in Lightroom.

No comments: