Monday, November 12, 2012

Time to catch up.

This past week has been fun and full of pleasant surprises. I'm training at my new job and I love it. Saving on gas, getting benefits (about time!). I attended a friend's engagement party, which those photos should come up pretty soon too. One of the other highlights were catching up with some old friends. I haven't talked to these kids in a while. They don't care for online communities, kinda like me. I do care, but not facebook care. I hung out with my buddies, saw their new house. During his tour of the house, he showed me some cool things. One of them was his dad's miniature boat. I don't know the scale, but the details of it is amazing. He was telling me how it took his dad a year to finish, its accurate, how it didn't come with anything besides some wood, cloth, and string. He had to assemble the entire thing. Its significant to him, because his father passed away and it was one of the few things he kept. At the end of the tour, he showed me his gun collection. Pretty intense. He had guns ranging from funny .38 acp handguns to beastly .308 Winchester rifles. One thing he kept special in his safe was a particular round. Him and his dad had a common interest in guns. One of his favorite rounds is a .308, pretty hefty bullet. His mom took some of his dad's ashes and pressed them into a .308 round. Of course he couldn't shoot it, but the importance and symbolism in it is amazing. RIP.






Had to show off the Double Black. Never bought a bottle for myself, but I really like it.

No comments: