Tuesday, March 3, 2015

On Location: Aloha State

I just came back last night from one of the most beautiful trips I've taken in a looooooong time! I believed my soul purpose was to photograph a long time friend's wedding. She approached me about 6 months ago, asking me to photograph her wedding. That doesn't sound odd until you hear the back story to it. The happy couple of Matt and Rachel is a blessing. I know the bride, Rachel. I took some prerequisite courses with her in Mira Costa like 8 years ago. We just met in this class, I'm not about socializing in class. I'm trying to get by, no time for friends. Hahaa. Rachel was my only friend in the course. She knew I was into photography, but not well versed. She wanted to enter a Roxy surf photo contest. I knew it wouldn't be hard to photograph her, she already has the surfer persona, thin, tan, always coming to class with sandy sandals and a bikini under hear clothes. Cutest thing while she buries her head in her book. She knew where everything was in the book if I had a question. She really helped me out a lot in that course. So we had a couple of outings to Encinitas where she surfed. She really liked the photos, they were fun and unique. They're so old that I can't locate them at the moment. I don't even know where to begin on searching for them. Just trust me, their out there. I remember her telling me, "When I get married, I want you to photograph my wedding." At that time, I just laughed and agreed, It was definitely a kind gesture to say, but nothing serious at that time. Eight years later, she tells me she met the man of her dreams and about to get married. I'm happy for her. She deserves it, she works hard at everything she does. Never half ass anything. Not only am I happy for her, she asked me to personally to photograph her wedding. Of course I'm gonna say yes! She flies me out and covers my lodging. It's not like she put me in some cheap hotel, I stayed in the middle of Waikiki. Everything was in walking distance, no need for a car, one of the most famous beaches literally a block away.

I was here for a job, it was to photograph her wedding. It was a beautiful one too. Location, the couple, bridesmaids/grooms men, family, reception, music, the smiles, so much memories. Check out their same day edit. Propeller USA Videos did a wonderful job on it. Check it out here.

Matthew & Rachel - Same Day Edit - Kapiolani Park from Propeller USA on Vimeo.


Here are a few pictures I took while I was down in Hawaii.










As always, Aloha for stopping by.

No comments: