Thursday, March 24, 2011

Continuing to Conquer Mountains.

Alvin and Melissa figuring out where to go next before we get lost.
I'm taking over mountains. I'm snowboarding, hiking, and biking them all!! There is no mountain to high for me to climb. Hahaa, that's a lie. I just didn't find it yet. Well, Elfin Forrest is located in Escondido. Gorgeous place to ride especially with the cool weather after the rains. It's no Daley Ranch though. Daley's trails are fun and a work out, compared to Elfin Forrest's trails is a nightmare. Sharp mini boulders to climb over, loose gravel, a lot of sharp switch backs. It sounds like fun, but it is more about technique than physical strength. Technique is something I need to improve.
Elfin Forrest Overview. Pure Nature. I love it!!

It was a work out to get to the top of Elfin Forrest Overview, but worth it. Once at the top, Melissa, Alvin, and myself decided to have a little picnic and have our lunch. Eating our dry Von's brand sandwiches. No Mayo or mustard!!! Instant FAIL!!!!
Top of Elfin Forrest Overview. Time to eat lunch.
On our way down seemed so much faster than the climb, a bit tricky and stressful but faster. I just couldn't wait to hit the shower and eat some real food. I'll be sure to be back on this mountain soon.
My Baby.

Melissa is using this bike like a champ!!!

Chillin' next to Roxi.

Alvin on a good charge downhill.

The shower was the worst part of the day. Dirt, sweat, and BLOOD all down the drain of my shower. I fell into a small bush (don't ask me how), a twig ended up stabbing my right lower ribs. Putting disinfectant is never fun. I don't think I've screamed that much in a while. 



No comments: