Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grand of a Time.

Late entry! So WHAT!? I was itchin' to go take a self portrait. Looking for inspiration from Flickr. Cait, a future model of mine decides to join the party. Mind you, it was already night and I had work the next day. So I wanted to stay local. One of my favorite places to shoot is Grand. No homeless people, nice lights, classic Escondido. So we searching around grand, seeing what kind of lights and subjects we can possible shoot, and we pass some bank with some cool semi-spiral stairs. We do a couple of shots, keep in mind that nothing was planned. I was teaching Cait how to use a DSLR, hopefully she'll get one soon. If not, she'll just steal her boyfriends. So we were just messin' around with some poses and some cool exposure shots.

Equipment: Canon 20D on a tripod with remote shutter, 17-85mm f/4-5.6, Bare Canon 430ex triggered by Radiopopper JrX (no stand or anything)
Our location on Grand and Maple (?)

Cait waitin' for her boyfriend's call.

5 separate exposures and super imposed into a single photo in Photoshop. Not bad for a single light source.
We're textin' each other. Hahaa.

Cait_DGAF.

Chillin' in my sweats.
For the given time and equipment, I'm pleased with these shots especially with the models so casual not "model ready". I'm sure I'll try this again and hopefully I'll be better prepared too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i was not waiting for kelly's call in the second picture..lol. that fool was sleepin :P