Thursday, July 21, 2011

On Assignment: Newborn

Last week I did a some pregnancy shots. This week I did some new born shots. I'm all about life right now. My photography is becoming more versatile. And my other friend is about to go into labor. It's a sign of getting old. Hahaaa. I really enjoyed this experience while surprised. I have not done any newborn shots before. I did not know what to expect from the parents or the baby. But it was a wonderful experience. Ryan and Christine, the happy and proud parents of Josslyn. Josslyn isn't even a month old yet.

Ryan and Christine just wanted some photos of Josslyn. They allowed me to do whatever I wanted while being super cooperative during the process. On the other hand, Josslyn was crying. I don't know why. I usually don't do well with babies. Luckily I had assistants on hand too. Jess was all about posing my models and creating awesome photos. I always appreciate another thought. I have a certain style, but at times I need to step out of my comfort box. I kinda did, and I think was rewarded.

All the shots were edited in Lightroom. Shot with the Canon 20D body and the Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens. I had two genesis strobes shooting through white umbrellas and a Canon 430ex external flash.

No comments: