Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Smoke Photography

Looking back at 2011, it was a good year. I did photography for myself. I didn't do any events. I had opportunities to do weddings, parties, club scene, but I decided against it. I think it was one of the greatest things. I did photography for myself. People don't get that, but I don't care.

Today, I was able to do some smoke photography. I always understood the concept but never really attempted it until today. It's super cool to get such an awesome effect from something so simple like an in scent stick.

In the middle of Rambo night (Jive and I were watching Rambo on Spike), he decided to grab his beastly Assault Rifle and do some simple shots with the smoke coming out of the barrel. The effect was very satisfying for the first time doing it. I'll probably try it again and do different effects too.

Camera Info: Canon 20D with the 50mm (of course), Canon 430ex with DIY snoot, triggered by RadioPopper JrX. They were either on the right of right underneath the smoke. The AR shots had the Calumet Genesis200 serie strobe at the lowest power to highest the gun. Most shots were edited in Lightroom then transferred over to Photoshop.



As always, thanks for looking.

No comments: