Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 FAIL!!!! 2012 is here!!

Happy New Years to all my family and friends. I'm thankful that I started the New Years right with the people I love! It wasn't EVERYONE, but I can fully say I Love Everyone in these pictures!!

Looking back at 2011, it was disappointing year in term of my photography. I didn't do a single thing on it!!! I think, or I want to believe it was because of my financial lane. I moved out of my parent's house, paying rent definitely hurt my photography budget. So this year, I have I re-evaluated my goals to something more realistic, AND AND i know how to achieve them too. LOL!!!

1. A lot of people talk about photography and want to see my work. Whats the best way of promoting it? Through a business/calling card. I plan on working with some designers in Long Beach called Fresh Print Design, super cool kids. They are familiar with my work so I trust them on helping me make a logo and creating some sweet looking calling cards. They're a new shop. But check them out and hopefully you'll see my work on their site/shop. http://www.freshprintsdesign.com/

2. How long have I've been using the same equipment? I'm not complaining about it one bit, but it does show its age. So I plan on purchasing a new body sometime mid year. Aiming for a Canon 7D or hopefully they'll have a 7D Mark II!!!! I've been saving strictly for a new camera. Every paycheck, I hide $100 for the ultimate goal of a new camera.

3. I definitely like exploring new photography, I want to buy the Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lens. Hopefully with tax return i can buy a used lens off craigslist because they stopped making this lens. Sweet looking lens. Its a prime too.

4. Do more gigs. A lot of people are encouraging me to charge for my photos, it doesn't hurt to do some events every once in a while to support my hobby. I still have my 9-5 job to support my real living. DAMN!!! Photography is expensive!!!

I'm also trying something new and uploading some slide shows onto Vimeo. I would use YouTube but they are super strict with music rights.

Untitled from Ryan Florido on Vimeo.


Happy New Year and thanks for looking.

No comments: